Hoosiers fall 14-13 to Illinois to end the regular season with a 10-3 record.
A strange game that featured multiple lead changes, at least 2 minutes of 5v5 action due to coinciding penalties, uncharacteristically poor clearing on our part, and a fluke goal with 4 seconds remaining.
I wish we could have sent off senior goalie Peter Moore (Lake Forest, IL) with a win in his final game against Illinois. It would have been a nice feather in his cap.
- Sophomore transfer Jake Thomas (Indian Hill, OH) tallied 3 goals and 3 assists. He has 13 points since switching from attack to midfield five games ago against Central Michigan.
- Freshman attackman (Carmel, IN) Brent Balek scored 3 goals. Balek has scored in every game. He began in the midfield then switched to attack for the CMU game. Balek has scored 18 goals in 5 games since the position move.
- Sophomore middie Alex Eaton (Carmel, IN) registered 4 goals and 1 assist to bring his team leading total to 39 goals. He is leading the team in points as well with 49 in 11 games.
- Moore finished the game with 21 saves.
- Junior attackman Keegan McQuillan (Naperville Central, IL) continued his break out season with 2 goals and 1 assist. McQuillan now has 39 points after 18 points his first two seasons.
- Freshman attackman David Sandberg (West Windsor, NJ) scored once.
- Freshman middie David Haggerty (Orland Park, IL) dished out two helpers. He has 15 assists from the midfield this season.
- Middies Kurt Chessman ( and Chris Lanciotti (Carmel, IN) each scooped up 8 ground balls.
- The Hoosiers were 4 seconds away from finishing the regular season undefeated in regulation.
- All three losses this season have been by one goal.
- Indiana doubled their win total for the second year in a row.
Now, the team must focus on their final exams and preparing for the GRLC tournament.