After a year absence, Indiana qualified for the GRLC Tournament. Full schedule after the jump.
The GRLC regular season concluded Sunday afternoon allowing the final pieces of the conference tournament to fall into place.
GRLC D1 and D2 teams from Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska will meet at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois on Friday May 4th before moving to Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois Saturday and Sunday for the semifinals and championships.
D1 top seeds, Illinois and Missouri, secured first round byes. Indiana and Kansas earned the #2 seed in their sub divisions. Purdue and Iowa earned the #3 seed in their sub divisions.
Missouri Baptist, defending champion, and Washington University earned the D2 byes. Missouri Baptist is the overall #1 seed.
D2 Quarterfinals – Friday May 4 – Wheaton College
8:30PM Missouri State vs. Missouri S&T
Winner advances to play Missouri Baptist Saturday 11:00AM at Lewis University
8:30PM Creighton vs. DePaul
Winner advances to play Washington Saturday 1:30PM at Lewis University
D1 Quarterfinals – Friday May 4 – Wheaton College
6:30PM Purdue vs. Kansas
Winner advances to play Illinois Saturday 4:00PM at Lewis University
6:30PM Indiana vs. Iowa
Winner advances to play Missouri Saturday 6:30PM at Lewis University
– Sunday championships are set for 12:00PM and 3:00PM for D2 and D1 respectively.
– Lindenwood’s elevation to NCAA D2 in 2012 means a new champion will be crowned in D1.
– D1 top seeds Illinois and Missouri did not meet in 2012.
– Washington defeated Missouri Baptist 11-6 in their April 5th meeting.
– Tournament winners will represent the conference at the MCLA National Tournament in Greenville, South Carolina May 14-19.
– GRLC Make-Up games may be played this week and are considered part of the regular season, but are not being considered for playoff seeding purposes.
– All times are Central Time Zone.
– For score updates, check MCLA.us, @MCLA_Fan on Twitter, and respective teams’ Twitter accounts.